Basis Of Commentary

Readers of this blog after a while would have surmise the basis of my kind of commentary. As I have mentioned before, its a daily blog, hence I do not want to talk too much about absolutely good undiscovered fundamentals, which may take forever to be undiscovered. I am not trying to be Warren Buffett here. I blog to have fun and share / exchange information. For cynics who find it hard to believe why I would do this for free, please read my posting on The Equaliser (29 March 2007) to get a better understanding of my persuasions.
Free and public blogs do not get much respect, nobody would want to believe that good information is made readily available. Do I buy and sell shares? Yes. Do I buy before I post? Yes. Isn't that front running? Yes and no. I have to buy before I post, its believing in what you say. No, because the amount that I buy is not earth shattering. If I buy in millions, I would be posting this from my yacht off McMahons Point in Sydney, trust me!

Back to basis. As this is a daily blog, I blog about things happening around, things that perk me up, things that make me mad, ... On stocks, I would highlight them if I think its worth highlighting and timely. I will never be the first to highlight them unless I am the one running the company or the head syndicate manipulating the shares. I will not highlight stocks moving 12 months down the road, if I do, I will tell you. I am a fundamentals person at heart, but on a short term basis, technical play a big part, but I do not spend much time on TA. I have been in the screwed up financial markets long enough to predict better when stocks move. I am a big believer in identifying catalysts for stocks to move. No catalysts, you won't find me there. I don't hold stocks forever, I don't fall in love with stocks or have a relationship with it. I will not bitch if I did not sell near the highs or did not buy cheaper. Whats done is done, move on. I hate people who say "woulda, coulda, shoulda"... I shoulda hold onto Tebrau at 70 sen, blah, blah... you should have, but you didn't, so move on. Strong markets make it easier to be "right", not a super-hero. Firm believer in that people who did not "earn" gains properly will always find ways to lose it all back to the markets (look at where 99% of the owners / syndicates / players of the mid-90s Second Board excesses are now!!??). The markets do not OWE US A LIVING. It is not there to make you rich, it can make you very poor. If you missed a stock, don't fret, the market will always be there, we are the ones who might not. Cheers!

p/s there is a new service that will alert you whenever there is a new posting from this blog, scroll to the bottom of page and subscribe to Atom Post

No comments:

Post a Comment