Proton, Perodua & CNBC Talking Heads


If you have only one hand grenade, who would you throw it at: Gasparino, Kudlow or Cramer? That is my dilemma, no not who to throw at, but that I do not have a hand grenade, and that I am not close enough in person to them to throw the grenade. In my view, I most dislike in the following order:
1) Larry Kudlow
2) Charlie Gasparino
3) Jim Cramer
4) Michelle Cabrera

Everybody knows how much I find Cramer's commentary distasteful and infantile, but Kudlow and Gasparino take the freshly made cake. When watching business news, I like value add commentary, but these two buggers are filled with narrow mindedness that borders on the ridiculous. We all know that no one can be a God in business commentary, nobody is an expert forever, nobody is always right... hence your views are not etched in stone. You may give your views but listen, do you guys ever listen. It makes me think that thats how Americans operate, .... I speak, you try to interject, I speak louder to try and drown you out, I'm not hearing your side of things, my voice go louder, I need to fully make my point, you are still trying to talk, I repeat my redundant points in higher decibels.... wtf... who is listening... I shudder whenever I see the TV screen with 7 or 8 talking heads.... no one is fucking listening to another. Everyone is just trying to get their two cents in.

If you are an average business expert you may get 5 out of 10 calls correct. If you are really good, you may get 6 out of 10 calls. Hey, listen already, learn to debate well. Show some respect, show some humility. Its ruining the CNBC biz programs. Makes me want to switch to Bloomberg TV everytime Gasparino or Kudlow is on.

Its a deliberate programming strategy for sure, Bloomberg TV does not do that, its highly clownish on the part of CBNC. At least Bloomberg TV has a proper seriousness to carry their news. They do their homework well before a one on one Q&A with guests. The questions are generally better in quality than CNBC. CNBC is all show and pizazz. But I do like the rest of CNBC's talking heads.


Michelle's politics are suspect - she always seems to side with the Republican shills like Charlie Gasparino. Gasparino is a Republican conservative gas bag, go get your own TV show "I Heart Republicans In Business". Kudlow is the only person I know that can be dumb and dumber with just one sentence.

Its obviously a cultural thing, you don't see the freakshow during OZ or Asia time slots, and definitely not during the highly proper and reserved European time slots.

To be fair I like some of the CNBC hosts: Joe Kernan, Erin Burnett, Bill Griffeth, Steve Liesman, Mark Haines, Rick Santelli, David Faber, Dennis Kneale, Bob Pisani... I know a lot of people don't like Dennis, but I think he's got game and is misunderstood.

So, the kind of crap that gels with Kudlow and Gasparino would be the recent reviews of Proton and Perodua cars by the highly popular Top Gear magazine in the UK. Fun reading. Proton and Perodua provided so much material for sarcasm, it reads more like a very funny stand up routine. Here are some of the lines:

"even if you are doggedly pro-Malaysia, you don't have to buy one of these"

"so poor it deserves to benefit from the next Comic Relief"

"named after the ice lolly, but not as sweet, desirable or long lasting..."

"... we don't know what Malaysian motorists did to upset the gods, but it must have been pretty serious"



Click on pics to enlarge.


--------------------







p/s photos: Deborah Priya Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment