Save Those Bloody Cliche Advice!


What are cliches but repeated sayings that may have held some value when it started, but now they generally ingratiates rather than uplift the listeners. Particularly, in the current trying times, when many of us are nervous about potentially losing our jobs, some might have even lost our jobs already, some may be trying the stretch the dollar and failing miserably, some may be having difficulty meeting monthly loan payments of all kinds, others may be watching their credit card payable amounts rising faster than the price of gold .... hence we will try and release some stress by talking it over with friends and colleagues. When your friends tell you their hard-luck stories, don't turn into a Confucius-wannabe or try to be a Zen-master by giving stupid cliche advice. The last thing we all want to hear are the cliche advice, here are my top few most-hated go-fuck-yourself-silly cliches:

a) If its meant to be, its meant to be / Everything happens for a reason
wtf are you trying to say bitch, it does not make me feel any better, in fact its laced with dark humour and sarcasm

b) Money doesn't grow on trees
no shit, they don't grow on the walls as well, neither do they grow on your backside

c) Have your cake and eat it
sooooo... if its my cake, of course I am going to eat it, and since its mine I can surely eat it, ... you mean there are instances when its my cake and I am not supposed to eat it??

d) Do what you love and the money will follow
Well, I have been wanking myself silly for quite a long time, and I am not rich by any means, except my arms have developed decent muscle tone

e) Life wasn't meant to be easy / Life isn't fair
Fuck you too. As if that advice will make me feel better. That is as good as saying my mother must be a woman

f) Think outside the box
Fuck me please.




No comments:

Post a Comment