Malaysia - Research, Sales Report Card 2009




Managed to get my hands on the coveted annual review of the "best of" list for Malaysian financial markets employees by Asiamoney - better known to financial markets employees as "negotiation power" when it comes to bonuses and increments.

Naturally I don't agree with most of the results as many were "ensured to vote accordingly" by persuasive people.

As for Best Country research, the list is ... hmmm ... not to my liking, but then again I don't even have the heart to put any one up. Although I did think that the Aseambankers team who moved to Maybank did very well and would be my top pick... that is until Vincent departed. Now, I don't know.

Also, I don't think Macquarie should be at #15, it should be in the top 5 based on what they have been churning out. Obviously the sales at Macquarie are not hitting the right survey participants, or their sales force is still not a force in Asian centers. Good product, no distribution power.

As for Best Analyst, I would have liked to see Chehan Perera from S&C-KAF moving into the top 3 cause he deserves to be (no, I don't even know him personally), but you can only go so high with an outfit like S&C-KAF.




No comments:

Post a Comment